
'Tis the season, all right.
"The most wonderful time of the year."
"The hap-happiest season of all."
And, if the music being piped in everywhere from Kroger to Office Max to Walgreens is to be believed -- it is also a season for seduction. But this is no ordinary Victoria's-Secret-Commercial type of come-hither by barely-of-age girls. No, my friend, this is worse.
This is Seduction By O Holy Night.
You know what I'm talking about. It's the crooning, husky vocal acrobatics of cleavaged starlets and leather-pant-wearing pretty-boys singing of the Virgin Birth of the Pure and Innocent Saviour of the World.
I'm not going to mention any names (Jessica Simpson, Mariah Carey, N*Sync, for starters), but if you need any proof, just click here, here, and here.
Am I the only one overwhelmed by the irony?
5 comments:
just overwhelmed !
Thanks, Mark (the father). The resounding echoes were killin' me.
Dear Ahna... You are funny! I mean, true, it is actually a very serious subject that You are talking about and I agree with You completely... but the way You serve the point is funny!
Also ironic is a woman named Madonna singing "Santa Baby"
Mazzy Star! You found me! So good to see you here. Welcome. :)
Post a Comment