12 September 2008

Post-Olympics Void

Am I the only one who has been feeling a significant void in my life during these post-Olympics weeks? It has been such a let-down not to have any more historic swim races or diving to watch; no more stunning acrobatics by the rhythm gymnasts or gravity-defying flips and handstands by the gymnasts on the beam, the rings, and the bars. Gone from my TV are the runners who seem more like low-flying humans who must have invisible wings to carry them at those speeds. The volleyball players, too, both beach and court, held my attention this year in a way like none other. I even miss newscaster Bob Costas' droll commentary and awkward-looking haircut. What is wrong with me?

2 comments:

Susan Fish said...

I am with you, although I found the two political conventions pretty exciting too.

Ahnalog said...

Indeed, Susan, the javelin-throwing did seem to extend into those arenas. :)