11 May 2009

Yes, We Canada!

So... Yesterday I wiggled my toes in the blogging waters by posting that Wendell Berry poem. Thanks for the "Welcome back" greetings, Gentle Readers. There have been big changes afoot in the life of li'l Ahnalog. For one, I've changed countries. Again. I'm back in Canada (B.C.) for grad school, to finish up ye olde Master's degree in Theology and the Arts. I cannot believe I'm back here. As I've told people a number of times now: "I should be the poster child for Never Say Never."

Nothing like a change of country to bring about a case of the Deep Sighs. It's just a lot to take in. But, I'm grateful to Canada that they've let me come back to study, and are even going to let me participate in their health care coverage, which is very generous and a lot more than I could say the U.S. would do for any foreigner studying there. Or heck, any lifelong citizen, for that matter. So, there's that.

On the other hand, there is the rain. It doesn't often storm here; thunder and lightning are actually rarities. It's more a persistent sort of drip-drip-drip often coupled with an encompassing misty fog and pervasive greyness that become the hobgoblins of susceptible minds. I think it's possible that what is called "Chinese" water torture actually originated long, long ago on Canada's west coast, and then just made its way across the Pacific with a couple of bad-apple Inuits in their canoes. The remaining Inuits were likely happy to see them go.

More dispatches from the "wet coast" ahead. Be well. Stay dry.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Ah Ahnalog...here's to the wet coast and second entries.

morningstar said...

The SunLight Jr. - only $229.95
Maybe once those arty theology checks start rolling in :) In the meantime enjoy the lush vegetation all that mist makes possible.

Ahnalog said...

Thanks, Jess and Morningstar. Always great to hear from you. :)